What In The World Is Going On?
Topic: Times of Trial Passage: Matthew 24:29–24:31, 2 Chronicles 7:12–7:14
Sunday Sermon Study Guide
Prayer: Take some time to pray together or individually after listening to the sermon (You may want to take prayer requests during this time to pray for as well)
Sermon: Take some time to watch the sermon together
Questions to ask from the sermon:
- How do we know that God is not angry and punishing us?
- How does God discipline His people?
- Who is the man of lawlessness?
- What does it mean to live in a fallen world?
- Should we expect God to intervene in every hardship of life?
- How does knowing God is always working for His eternal purpose encourage you in times like this?
- How is God using the COVID-19 pandemic to make you more like Christ?
- How is God testing you?
- How can you continue to grow God’s Church despite not being able to gather together?
- How can you serve others in Jesus’ name during this time?
Personal Testimony: Take some time to share examples in your life when you encountered hardship or trials. What did God teach you? How did you respond?
Encouragement: Take some time to encourage those in your group. What gifts do you see in them? How have they been a help to you in your walk of faith? Etc.
What in the World is Going On?
In this day of unprecedented changes, we are at a loss to know much for certain. What is really going on?
- God is not ANGRY with people.
- This is not the sign of THE END. MATTHEW 24:29-31.
- This is not related to 2 CHRONICLES 7:12-14.
Understanding Why the Pandemic is here
- We live in a FALLEN WORLD.
- God does not always INTERVENE to save us from pain, disaster, or even death.
- God is always at work for His ETERNAL PURPOSE.
What Should Christians Do?
- Accept the crisis as a TEST OF MY FAITH.
- Demonstrate that “THE CHURCH IS PEOPLE NOT A BUILDING”.
- Look for GOD-GIVEN OPPORTUNITIES to serve others in Jesus’ name.
In the Hospital: Lee McDonald, Roper Tim Blakeley, SFX
ANNIE ARMSTRONG NORTH AMERICAN OFFERING GOAL: $10,000
Received to date: $3,472
PICTORIAL DIRECTORY: April 24 & 25 are the only picture dates available. You must call 866.557.2253, not the church office, to schedule an appointment. Please call by March 30.
SUNDAY SCHOOL WORKERS: We need your help! We need volunteers to help during the SS hour. We need a few persons who are willing to assist the teacher in a few of the children’s/youth classes. Our policy always requires at least two adults be present in each class. You do not need to teach, just be present. If you can assist, please contact Josh or Dee.
SAVE THE DATE: Please join us for our annual Ladies’ Tea Saturday, May 2nd at 10:30 a.m. RSVP on a connection card by Sunday, April 19th.