Turning Darkness Into Light
Topic: Easter Scripture: Luke 24:13–24:35
Luke 24:13-35 (CSB)
The After Easter Let-Down
- Here we have two men WE DON’T KNOW.
- They were going to a place WE CAN’T FIND.
- They were traveling with a man THEY DIDN’T KNOW.
- They were suffering a SPIRITUAL LET-DOWN.
Discovering Wrong Thinking
- They talked as though the big events were POLITICAL.
- The real problem was a LACK OF FAITH in God’s Word.
- Jesus reminded them of the MAJOR MESSAGE of the whole Bible.
A Revelation that started a Revolution
- The change started when their GUEST BECAME THEIR HOST.
- This is a KEY to understanding the Christian life.
- To live out the gospel Jesus must be our HOST, NOT OUR GUEST.
Questions for deeper study:
1. What was the wrong thinking of the men on the road to Emmaus?
2. What do you think the main message of the whole Bible is?
3. What is the significance of Jesus blessing and serving the food in this passage?
4. What did Jesus teach these two men in His time with them?
1. How has Jesus given you rest during this Covid-19 time?
2. What are some things that God wants you to surrender, but it's difficult for you?
3. What are some things that you lose (or that go away) when you take the time to pray?
4. What opportunities to serve God have opened through this trying time, that you would not have if things were "normal"?
Prayer and Encouragement:
-Take time to pray for the people around you. Pray that God will give them perspective and help them to see His will during this time.
-Take some time to encourage others. How have you missed gathering together on the Lord's day with them? What are you most looking forward to when you are able to worship in fellowship again?